26 August, 2005

Malaysia

Tonight I'm taking the night bus to Thailand, kind of funny coz I've been here and there before, should try to see if there's any difference after the tsunami, maybe less swedes........(hoping). Kuala Lumpur is like a big feast for me, I just walk around eating food, it's all nice and cheap.
I went for a wander the other night, got a bit lost, partly due to the fact that the block I was walking around was triangular, not square as I thought, so I kept appearing on the same street. It was a dodgy area, then I passed a man with makeup on, I think he was trying to be a transvestite, but I won't give him any credit. So he says hello, I say hello and try to get away quickly, then he follows me a bit and starts offering me a massage. I'm saying no thanks, I'm tired and want to go to bed, but what I really meant was "please, you're scaring me", what a beast. So I got away, found my way back home, got offered more massages by some crusty looking hookers "No sex, just massage, hey! Don't walk away while I'm talking to you".....what a place.
Another guy came up to me in a shop, you've got to be careful, they're all trying to get something. He says I have the sign of luck on my forhead, so I started trying to rub it off. Then he takes my hand and starts reading my palm, telling me I'm gonna have some luck next month, which I already knew, cause everyday is lucky for me.......he spends about 15 minutes on me, at one stage he wrote some stuff on paper and made me hold it in my left hand while he read the right, then after i had to read the paper and see that all the stuff I told him was already written on the paper, but I don't remember if I told him that before he gave me the paper, at the end he asked me for RM300(AU$100, NOK500), what the hell, I gave him RM10(AU$3, NOK15), he was lucky to get that. I don't remember ordering this service. He looked a bit dissapointed.
And so today I met a Indian dude called Nev, who wanted to show me around, he turned out ok, you gotta watch em though, try to figure out what their mission is, he just wanted to hang out. We tried to go up Petronas Towers, which are those 2 big towers from that movies with Sean Connery(I think), but it was booked solid, no gettin up there. Still I recommend this place, it's allright. Tasty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brett
did the bail with no notice. Saw Barney and he said you were leaving the next day, oh well have a good trip and happy birthday for 19th, big 29 and still trekkin the globe, keep rockin the planet, will stay in touch, Im off to the snow to board some pow this week so will cut up a slope up for you, watch out for the crazys out there. Have a good time. che

26/8/05 16:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home