31 August, 2005

Deja vu

Ko Phi Phi, I was here last year, but now it looks different, it got pretty well flattened by the tsunami, so my favourite restaurant is gone, but the place I was staying is ok, so I guess I would've been ok......
One crazy thing about this country is that they don't turn off their engines when filling up the car, twice now I've been to a petrol station and seen this. I reckon if anarchy broke out in this country no one would really notice. I hired a motorbike yesterday, that was pretty cool, riding atround the place, it makes me feel like the terminator. I went to a temple with 1200 steps to the top, man, I didn't think that was much, but especially in this heat, I was the master of sweat when I got up there. On the way I met a french dude, we wandered around the forest together, then I took him on my bike to see some waterfall, but it was further than we thought, and kind of hard to find, nice ride though. On the way back it started to rain, so we had to seek shelter with some thai farmers in their little shack thing on the side of the road. They were just hanging out drinking whiskey, only one of them could speak english, very badly. So there we were sitting with these dudes, having a half baked conversation with one of them, while the other 3 watched, I had to use alot of hand signs and sound affects, I think the other guys were sittin there thinkin "what the fuck is this guy on about?".
Another funny thing, well there's heaps, I was wandering about drinking a beer, and I went into this bar area, with all these kind of hooker chicks(they hang out in bars and guys pay to take em home), as soon as I walked in this table of girls starts calling out, so I scooted to another part, where 2 more confronted me, I got past them, then this pretty large solid looking girl came over, she asked if I wanted to sit and talk, I said no thanks and I was gonna go home to sleep, then she started trying to grab my balls.....Then I went outside and sat by the beach to enjoy my beer and contemplate a bit, then a young thai dude came and sat next to me. I try to have another half baked conversation with him, then his friend comes and sits on the othetr side of me, his english is worse, then he puts his hand on my leg, very high up, i thought "guess he's just a friendly guy" and moved away a bit. Then he goes for the full on grab of my nads, saying "I love you", while the other guy is sitting there laughing. I figure it's time to go and excuse myself, and head home. But it's not all fags and that stuff, these are just the funny things I like to write here. Lot's of Israelis here. I love the Thai English, you can buy friend noodles, or french friend, or the shop near here sells fruit sharks, sometimes on the same sign or menu they spell the same word differently, but then my Thai is pretty lame.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've visited you're blog, but it's fun reading. Good to know you're popular amongst the locals. Hope you're well, and licking up the sun. By the way I don't work at Dangaar any more (oh, one afternoon a week, but that can't really count). "Yo!" and "Wazzup", big hug, Azucena

31/8/05 04:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brett, sounds like you're having a great time so far! When will you arrive in Japan? Have you already got a job lined up? Mike, who we went camping with at New years, will be in japan for 2 weeks in October. I'll give him your Blog address. Are you still checking your emails? Anyway, have an awesome time, you never know, I might see you in Nippon. Ish xx

1/9/05 16:23  
Blogger Brett said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/9/05 05:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the brett mobile is on the run again,ha thats cool mate hope you will have an wicked time in Japan ,stay away from thoose gay poofters from the beach thoug,hahahaha greetings from the viking of the north copenhagen suburbs:)

6/9/05 07:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home