28 June, 2008

Pinched

"You need to do more exercise and continue taking Pain killers". Thanks for that, I had kind of planned that already. It seems everytime I go to the doctor they make me feel like a hypochondriac. A nerve in my back has been pinched, which means that there is a sharp pain that runs down my leg. The cool thing is that it only seems to hurt when I walk on flat ground, so I can run up and down stairs with no problems, but walking on the ground is torture. It's been slowly getting better on it's own, but it was nice of the doctor to at least confirm that I was going in the right direction with this, and that it wasn't something serious that was gonna kill me. The downside of living so close to work is that I don't get much exercise from riding 3 minutes a day. This all started in February, when I jumped on a big air mattress thing near my house, when I say big, I mean it, it was probably over 50m long. I felt how out of shape I was when I ran one lap of it and lay down feeling like I was having a heart attack, still I continued, jumping around enjoying the fact that I was getting exercise and having fun at the same time. Then the next day it wasn't so nice, my back was stiff as wood, and since then it's been up and down. This latest flare up started a few weeks ago, just after I got back from Berlin, well it hurt when I was there actually, no thanks to my brother's hard floor. He was too much of a tight arse to even give me a pillow, "I don't have any extras", of course when I woke I saw him lying there with his two pillows, but these weren't extras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home