03 June, 2006

spamtastic

How about some blog, maybe just a little. I was sick this week, kinda funny coz I was thinking recently that I hadn't been sick for a while, then I got the flu, so I had my first day off, I probably should've had more off, but I don't get paid for sick days, so it's better to go to work and spread the infection properly. I also got another present, spam started coming to my mobile and my email simultaneously, I thought it was a guy I gave my email address to when I first got here (he had some private student thing going, but I wasn't interested), my theory was he sold it to spammers. So I wrote to him and harassed him for it, and he replied saying it wasn't him, now I think maybe it wasn't, but who knows...? Guess I shouldn't write to folks after a few beverages. Anyway, so now I can enjoy random messages from Japanese dating services and ways to reduce my mortgage all day long, thank you spammers.
On another note I'm tossing the coin about the future, what to do, it's crazy that next week I've been here nine months, time for a baby. Do I stay on, or scoot, I'm definitely getting bored here, the job is going well, but the textbook we use is truly shite, I'm done with it, maybe it's time to do something more worthwhile. Though I feel a slight happiness when I see the students who have gotten better, then there are those that come everyday and aren't going anywhere. The pro for staying here through the winter would be doing more snowboarding...but maybe there's more of that in Europe to be done, well I'll keep flipping.
What else? I've started going to a free Japanese class, it's ok, problem is I got put in the very bottom class, with folks who can't say a word, while I have a moderate vocabulary of useless words, these people know nothing, we also spend a bit of time learning the alphabet, which is like going back to kindergarten, where we studied the big alphabet book, one letter a day, I was so excited when we got to Z. Also I usually go out on Thursday night, so Friday morning I'm usually spacing out sweatin' my arse off in the class room. Since I'm the only guy there, the rest seem to be housewives, maybe a representative from every country in Asia. I think the have a lower blood temperature, on a hot day one of the "teachers" gave me a piece of paper and I felt that her hand was as cold as a corpse. Also at work, the students say the room is cold while I'm melting into my lovely vinyl chair, maybe I'm just too woolly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

atsui desu ne

4/6/06 20:22  
Blogger Brett said...

So desu, demo kyonen yori, amari atsuku nai desu.


That might be right, I've been thinking about it for a few days.

9/6/06 18:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it japanese?! Babelfish didnt find anything....私は好奇心が強い!Ach herje, wo bleibt denn aber auch der Dolmetscher? Bitte übersetzen, für all die, die kein 日本語 verstehen...Bloss nicht mit dem lateinischen Alphabet japanisch schreiben, das versteht Babelfish doch nicht!;)

2/7/06 14:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home