08 August, 2006

Rambler

I guess it was more of a dilemma than a predicament, but I handed in my resignation today, so the wheels are in motion, guess I'm heading back to Europe, most probably Denmark. Since no one bothered reacting to my post of the situation, I had to do it by my own hand, hope it turns out well. Felt kind of weird doing all the paperwork, but I was in the corner, it was now or never. There's still the option to withdraw the resignation, guess that after they do fuck all in my company to make you feel appreciated they hold that last option knowing that the employee is kind of important to the running of the business. So, leaving Japan, this is a hard choice, I want to stay and I want to go, but you can't have both. Guess I fear that I'll never return here, everywhere I go has good points and bad points, I wish I could collect all the good points and make my own city.
I went to see some bands on Sunday again, Clisms again, and the madman from Oshiripenpens in his own band, pretty cool. It's this kind of stuff that makes me want to stay here, it's a taste of what real Japan is, we were the only gaijin there, none of this pissy stuff that everyone else goes to, stupid foreigner parties and the like. It's a different side of it, not tourist stuff either, I guess this kind of thing exists everywhere, the underground subculture, but it's always hard to find, especially in Japan where everything is hard to find, but when you do track the cool stuff down it's very satisfying. Anyway, stfu.
The only other news is that I'm going back to Australia in 10 days, and it'll be my birthday on the 19th, 1 and a half score years, unbelievable. So there's a party in Newcastle on that day, at 3pm at the Oriental Hotel in Cooks Hill for all those who don't know, I'll be arriving by helicopter. It's a BBQ too, so bring meat, or nutmeat if you don't like real meat but enjoy the flavour of some weird shit that tastes remotely like meat. Amazing that this post is only 6 days behind the last, that ought to do it though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Pannekake.

15/8/06 14:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brett
Good to see you recently.
Are you back in Nippon?
If you are going to any record stores we are keen for this CD. love ish and mj

空の小屋
2003.4.23
ライブ アルバム
VICL-61113-4
¥3,360(tax in)


http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/ua/uauaua/index.html

15/9/06 06:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home