04 October, 2005

Ouch!!! My Footneck!!

Well I'm happy now, after 3 weeks of trying to figure shit out I finally got the internet working here at home, we've had it the whole time but I couldn't open anything. I tried everything I coiuld think of plus some other shit I didn't think of, tried ringing support but it was all in Japanese. Then I remembered the 1st rule of windows; don't use windows, but if you have to- reinstall it often. Anyway, geek talk, I figured it out myself.
So, the Japanese word for foot is ashi, and the word for neck is kubi, so I smiled(well I didn't smile, I ran out down the street to tell someone, but they already knew..) when I read the word for ankle is ashikubi. The word for arse is oshiri, but luckily I haven't seen any oshirikubi in my book. There was a population census here on the weekend, some bizarre form that had to be filled out, I dunno if we did it right, they might have registered that there are 9 of us living here instead of 3, though 3 of the guys all have the same name. This old guy came round with the form, he was pretty cool, they're very humble here and polite, bowing a million times. But he couldn't speak English of course, except for "can you", then he'd point at the form and say some Japanese. He then pulled out a big piece of paper(a3) with English on it, I wrote some stuff on it and he went. There's a thing he did, and all the people in shops do it to, if you are leaving and look back they say thanks and bow, and will do it everytime you look back, no matter how far you walk away. So he kept bowing as I turned to go inside, but I looked back and of course got another bow and a thankyou.
I've still got no idea what I'm doing at my job, as far as I can figure I'm paid to hang out with these folks. I might have written about this before, the voice class is like a casual class where they get to just talk. Everytime I'm in there I ask why don't they just go to a bar and hassle some foreigner, but they'd rather pay to talk to me, I always feel like I'm ripping them off....
I feel like I should write something worthwhile, but I guess the footneck is the best bit of literature today, some folks think what I write is funny, others say it's good writing, this puts pressure on me to write something half decent and not the usual dribble I spiel out here. I'm no writer, guess it's not as bad as a friend of mines blog about taking turds in central america, I try to refrain from turdtalk here. Oh well, trynna figure out how to get my photo's up here, soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

right man, I'll do that.

4/10/05 20:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hair loss solutions??
does that include waxing & in-grown hairs??
if I remember brett correctly a hair removal solution is in order
ha ha

god I hate spam

6/10/05 06:48  
Blogger Brett said...

allright....watch it.

6/10/05 08:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha dänkt ig due mi do au mou i dim Tagebuech verehwige...isch ächt wäuz gediege dä schwarzi Hingergrund, vou elegant!Just great...ur bloggy....go for it!

6/10/05 15:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home