03 November, 2005

Words for today

I had a nice day today. I went with some nice folks(another Finn and a Japanese girl) to the park and saw some Samurai type dudes riding horses and shooting arrows at targets, pretty good. Then we wandered about and checked out this stylish cafe. I feel the theme there was some kind of bird's nest, cause in the toilet there were bird sounds that activated automatically when there was movement. Photo's weren't permitted, guess they don't want people stealing their bird's nest idea, I took some photo's with my telephone(pretty good resolution) James Bond style, not because I was particularly excited about the place, but more because it was against the rules and I wanted to show that it was possible...yeah whatever.
I met up with this dude I know from the job last night, a Canadian chap, thought we were gonna have a few beers, turns out he had a bit of an entourage, all from the north American continent. They all wanted to go to karaoke, which is odd as a beginning to a night, I had no choice so I went along, the price includes unlimited petrol flavoured fruity cocktails, so I threw a few of them down to get in the mood for some songs. Meanwhile the main broad starts lining up all these songs, the shitest selection for karaoke, top forty crap like Hillary Duff and the like. I tried to get some cool old school tunes flowing like some Stones and Bowie, and a bit of Beatles, but the freaks kept fast forwarding em, opting more for Boys II Men. God help me. They weren't impressed with my Tom Waits style renditions either. Their problem. The best bit though was this American dude that sat next to me stiff as a board, I asked him if he wanted to sing a song and he just replied "I don't sing." So why the hell did you come to karaoke then you mong. He barely partook in the rancid cocktails either, just sat there looking like a tree. I put the mic to his mouth and asked him for a note, he just got more tense, just a sound....please, anything. No. Afterwards I asked my friend what was up with the dude and he replied "Well he's a republican." He was good value even though he never meant to be, I'm still laughing about him now.
I couldn't end this though without saying one more lame thing about my job- Today I had to quickly stop by and pick up a piece of paper I need for tomorrow, since I won't be at my branch. I was told it's against the rules to come to work without a shirt and tie and all that, even if it's my day off and I'm just stopping by for a minute. Basically I'm expected to catch the train 40 minutes home, get changed and come 40 minutes back to pick this up. Laughable-hahahaha.....the saga continues.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waou, I guess I missed a lot of your life the past three years! What happened since our norwegian courses??? Apparently, the world is opening its hands to you.

My employer sucks too if that can make you feel better!-)

10/11/05 23:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home